Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Oh My Math...

After getting through a week and a half I have come to the realization that Big Boy Child really is too far ahead of the Math curriculum that I bought. I purchased Saxon Math 1, because it is first grade...well Mr. Math did so well on the placement test he should actually be in Saxon Math 2! So I'm trying to supplement him with other activities (like time and money which he totally is finding challenging) until I can get the correct level of curriculum. Note to self: administer the free online placement test through Saxon's website BEFORE purchasing curriculum! Live and learn.

As for Reading, Bible, and Science things are going smoothly. Big Boy has finished his first chapter book, Night of the Ninjas, a Magic Tree House book. As a reward he got to check out and play games on the Magic Tree House website! He can't go back to the awesome cool site until he completes another chapter book! I'm so mean! Ha Ha!

Sweet Pea continues to improve on her hand strength and can now trace her name very nicely! Yesterday I had her use counting bears and put the right number of bears on the number card....well, 1-5 were awesome...after that it was a real chore! Maybe we will only work on 6-10 for a while. She did it but wanted to rush and count incorrectly, stinker! I'm so proud of the kids' hard work and good attitudes.

They are receiving a sticker for each assignment they do with a good attitude. When they fill up their page we will take a trip to the Dollar Tree for a special treat! So far it is working great!

Blessings to all of you! Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Oooo...good idea with the sticker chart for school. I'm horribly bad with the sticker charts and tried one for good behaviour. They didn't get very many stickers. Hummmm. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abi, I got these great little charts at our Dollar Tree. I will send you some in our next letters! I just use the little star stickers. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete