Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Quick Update

So last Friday was our first official field trip! We went fishing with the Pisgah Center for Wildlife Education's staff up at Buck Forest Rd in Dupont Forest. The kids didn't catch a single fish but enjoyed the day very much! We got to practice patience and learned a lot about handling a fishing pole (me freaking out when kids came swinging their "dipper rods" around us) It was nice though, that they could see the fish nibble their bait. We also got to see a giant turtle swim around the lake. I used this trip to talk to them about habitats and food chains. A great day overall!

The programs offered by the Pisgah Center for Wildlife Education are free and occur monthly! If you are in our area, check out their website for offerings!

1 comment:

  1. I am very proud and honored to be Amanda' aunt whom I love her with all my heart. She is a kind, loving, giving and forgiving beautiful young lady inside and out. She is a wonderful Christian mother and wife and May God always bless you and your family. I know having you as a part of my family has made me a better person and I thank God for you and your family. Love you always, Aunt Bridget ( I am so proud of you in all that you do and will do)

    ReplyDelete