Monday, August 22, 2011

Chore Packs

An update: We have abandoned chore packs because the cards fall out LOL really they just slid right out and were lost! So.......I'm going to be ordering the Motivated Mom planner in hopes to run this house more smoothly. There is actually an iPod app for it, so I'm thinking I might just do that, or you can purchase an ebook that is printable. It is $8 but if you use the code from www.thehappyhousewife.com you can get a dollar off the printable version...something to ponder :)

I have recently started using these with the kids and it has made a world of difference in how we start our day! They are so independent now! The kids look forward to doing them and actually fight over who gets to sweep the floor. I made them at home using simple materials and for less than $5!

What is a chore pack?
   A chore pack is a stack of cards, inside a name badge pouch on a necklace, that have age appropriate chores on them in the order that you want them done. For example, brush hair, make bed, set table, get dressed, etc. Click here to view a video of a Mama explaining how her family uses them. We've adapted them for our family, as you can for yours! Make it work for you!

1 comment:

  1. I think we are kindred spirits lol By reading your posts and chitchatting online it seems like we are making similar changes & improvements in our families lives. I am going to check out more info about the chore packs. I have heard wonderful things about them over the past year or so. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete